Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 24 2005 06:32 AM
Re: rita delivers

yeah thats weird..... i am seeing some strange things on landfall.....it's like the main eyewall in northern part at higher levels (alt.) threw its self towards the coast and as it hit spreaded out... thats normal (friction casues the eyewall to collapse and winds shoot out as they hit the surface... but now appears there is another eyewall about to come ashore just west of cameron... much smaller and maybe weaker than first... the offical landfall is nearing soon.... looks like to me the center is contracting and is smaller....

landfall works out works out pretty good, cuz the center is really close to lake charles radar... including base veloctiy 32nm... (level III).... i would expect that level II datat is just amazing... alomst as good as katrina going over the NHC and miami radar. and i would think maybe two more vortex reports.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center