HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Sep 24 2005 07:21 AM
Re: rita delivers

wherever they've moved evacuees i'd expect they're not in a flood zone. i'd expect that emergency planners are well prepared for inland flooding... hopefully they'll keep things shut down if severe flooding starts occurring later this upcoming week. can't have people running around like business as usual when a major flood event is underway...
speaking of flooding, large parts of cameron parish ought to be underwater at this point (aside from the large parts that are usually underwater in that tangle of bayous). orange, port arthur, and the outlying areas of lake charles are likely to see concentrated surge damage. for the folks who didn't leave cameron parish or the low parts of jefferson and orange counties in texas... i just hope they've got higher ground to escape to. after katrina i'm sure that only the most stubborn or cuckoo are left. i mean come on, they just had a hurricane kill hundreds of people in their state less than a month ago...
HF 0721z24september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center