GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 25 2005 06:55 PM
Re: Rita weakens to a Tropical Depression

I was hoping someone was noticing the caribbean besides me. I am in Central Florida and we have not had a severe threat since last year for a hurricane, but everytime one starts to develop this year I wonder if it will be Tampa Bays turn for real. I am not panicked because I know I am as ready as any one person can be who lives less than 50 miles from the gulf. Going inland is not much further from the shore than I am already. We have seen all the predicted spots along the Gulf get slammed and so far we have been left out of the consequences.We have already practiced and we know not everyone will be able to leave that wants to leave and not everyone who is able to leave will want to leave. The biggest problem in this area are the endless mobile home parks that give a false impression of security. We have at least 6 more weeks of tropical storm season officially and unless Miami freezes over before then, we will get another storm. For those who wish that they could cool the gulf, the atlantic has nor'easters all the time and the winds and snow do damage as well. God Bless America and its Friends.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center