doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Sep 26 2005 04:22 PM
Re: i get it...

That little system in the central carribean looks pretty good to me. Isn't it the same one that was going through the lower islands last week? Looks like building convection and some ridging over it thanks to that weak ULL moving west over the Florida straights..
The METS here have been suggesting a GOM low later in the period too. The trough from Rita and the front will be hanging around to be sure.
If as HF says the SOI will become favorable and as Clark stated a few days ago the MJO will reinvigorate, we may be seeing things go in these areas sooner than we like. I hope not as I am leaving for about ten days this weekend, and I don't want that uncertainty.

I think the season will halt abruptly around the middle of the month.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center