oil trader
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Sep 27 2005 10:53 PM
Re: watching down the road

Quote:

Actually it looks better organized to me this aft, with a center at about 17N 77.6W. It is coming tog fast and the water it is approaching, just south of Jamaica and Cuba, are the warmest in the entire Carribean; I expect a TD shortly, and a TS shortly after that.

If you do not want a $5 price of gallon I hope you are wrong. What we need the least now it is a hurricane over the Bay of Campeche. Everybody is so confident about Rita damages because it was not Katrina. But during her path in GOM over oil and gas rigs and platforms Rita was CAT 5 and mostly CAT 4 (remember Ivan?), and do not forget TX/LA border refineries. Economic consequences and real pain on American pockets starts tomorrow with the DOE stock weekly report. We can deplete the SPR, but where the light crude (not sour) and the gas will came from? Below $4 keep your tank full and drive as less as you can.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center