LisaMaria65
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Sep 28 2005 04:43 PM
Re: Watching the Caribbean

Quote:

Oops! It is storm "surge". By the way, Rita left a path of destruction all of the way up into deep Southeast
Texas. So many with downed trees and no electricity or water. All of these HUGE trees just taken up by
the roots and pushed over. The storm knocked out electricity in Lufkin and we watched from the hotel
as it ripped off part of a fence and felled a tree. Anyway, we are fine, just would like to go home but there
are so many people in the same "boat". Thanks for asking about us.

So glad to hear you are ok!!

Rita was so bad for so many areas in Louisiana. Just a stone's throw from me, areas are flooded. I'm worried about one of the posters here, HeyNow. He is from Abbeville, which was under water pretty much everywhere. So many little towns were or still are under water....it just breaks my heart. In Lafayette, we were very lucky. A lot of down trees, a few on houses but nothing too major.

I hope that 99L doesn't progress into anything more than just 99L. I also hope the rest of the season is un-eventful. Our gulf shores don't need any more disasters for a VERY LONG time!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center