Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 30 2005 01:11 PM
Re: Tropic Watch

Guys, how did ya'll think the NHC did forecasting Rita? I have heard people complaining but I think they did a good job of forecasting. Watching the high move more east, I had a feeling she might come our way eventually. At the very least, we'd get high wind and rain if it had hit around Matagorda. Actually, we were very fortunate it went in a little east of Sabine Pass but we still we had extensive damage. Today we were allowed to return and check out homes so my husband, son, and brother-in-law are on their way to Beaumont. I know people who have already returned before today but we decided to wait until today. We are staying in Houston with my sister for now. I would like to be at home, of course, but at least I have a home to return to with what looks like little damage to the outside. One of the things I was wondering about is how many storms normally form in October? And are they ever the big ones or are they usually TS or cat 1 or 2's?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center