ParrishNStPeteFL
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 01 2005 01:02 PM
Re: development-impaired

Quote:

Wow, eclipse is over and boom a huge explosion of convection near 99l. Looks even like some banding features are developing. Will this be the beginning of TD 20 ?

Speaking of eclipeses, there are actually two this month (October) the next one is supposed to be near the middle of the month. I wonder how the long term tropical outlook for the next two weeks will evolve. Of course there is also the Mars turning retrograde, and pulling back from the earth. I have a fascination with how the astronomical and planetary events have seemed to actually effect the intense and unpredicatable weather lately. Through out the season, and the year really, there have been some unpreceidented astronomical events (mind you im not talkin horoscopes here), planetary alignments, mars being closer to the earth than it has been in what they say is about 60,00 years, similar unusual activity has been occuring all year. Thoughts are welcome.

I also am very delighted to be able to participate in this forum, I have learned a lot about understanding the lingo and sats. I really enjoy watching the various storms personalities...they are each so unique/ One thing I noticed, however, when seeing the posts regarding the carribean system that has remaind the same for several days, so did a few of the other intense systems we have seen this year.

oppss missed a few 0's it should have been 60,000,000,000 years since mars has been this close to the earth.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center