Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 01 2005 02:45 PM
Re: development-impaired

Quote:

I could easily be wrong, but, I don't think the invest is together enough to be certain where the center of circulation is unless they send a recon. But, maybe it will not develope any further.

I think the key criteria is whether it has a well-defined center of circ (it has a center of circ), because when I looked this morning, winds at buoy 42056 (centered at about 19.9N 85.0W) peaked at 25 kts when 99L slid by to the south last night, going from ENE to E to ESE. It looks like it is going past the buoy to the NW because winds are at 100deg (and winds have been increasing a little over the past hour, right now up to 23 kts) and have stayed a little higher than when they were going ENE. So the winds are certainly good enough. It looks like this was the deciding factor for the NHC this morning:

"SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE THAT THE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVY REMAINS POORLY ORGANIZED"

Edit -- so it seems like NRL calls them a little earlier than NHC, but I haven't been doing this for very long, only a couple months.

So it if keeps going like this it is going to go right from a TD to a TS.

This is what I thought was going to happen, but like four days ago! But going over the warm Carribean water, I figured it would get to a TS sooner or later.

NHC TPC, at 10am, just put TD 20 up on their home page; also saw announcement on TWC at 10am.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center