Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Mon Oct 03 2005 07:08 PM
Models and other things

Well, well well. I wonder what is causing the cut off lows to form in the eastern atlantic? All the models are forecasting anotherone to be stuck out there....

91L has about 24 hours to do something, it's firing up some modest convection near the LLC, but it's about to get pummeled by shear, so it's running out of time. It's odd, but by some definitions it's close to TD status, but probably will never get the benefit of the doubt, barring some very strong convection.

Former TD19 is just barely firing up any convection, but has still maintained a low level swirl around 41W 22N heading just south of due west.

How is Stan Stationary? I'm sure it's just a short term thing, but it still leaves me a little suprised.

The blob that is 92, it's way too complex for me to understand what's going on, though I still maintain there is a hint of a twist in the area near PR (perhaps it's simply convergence).

Any further thoughts and observations?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center