tpratch
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 04 2005 01:09 PM
Re: Hurricane Stan Approaches Mexico, And More on Bahamas Wave

Katie, it's covered in the news:

The wave over the Bahamas is moving gradually westward, and it may not develop before it reaches Florida. Much of the clouds and convection are east of the center, and it doesn't have all that much time to develop.
We'll be watching it however. It will likely be a rain event over central and south Florida, but there remains some question on if it will develop further.

I too woke up to rain, my sister going into labor, and my dad (recovering from surgery) needing me to take care of him today. More rain coming in off the coast now, and it should continue throughout the day.

I think we might see this area become a TD at best, but there is an outside shot that an LLC will develop under the ULL (or the current low circ will migrate) and we'll see TS Tammy. Time will tell and we should know a lot more by tonight.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center