dave foster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Oct 06 2005 02:54 AM
Re: various thoughts

Quote:

I'm a BIT concerned about Tammy still. It made landfall 90 minutes ago or so... and has done nothing but looked MORE impressive on IR since then... it's gonna dump a lot of rain... hopefully that's all.

That's another thing I've been watching all day. Earlier, 93L was puhing NNE, Tammy was moving north up the coast and was forcing the back of 93L to turn around her. Since Tammy got further NW and 93L got pushed out to the east the air flowing off 93L's back has been given room to manoevre behind Tammy. It now looks like that air could be re-inforcing Tammy and spinning her at the same time.

Like I've said all along, I'm new to this, and I could be mistaken again. I hope I am otherwise Tammy could turn quite vicious.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center