Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Oct 07 2005 01:12 AM
Re: qualms

Quote:

well it looks like X-Tammy/ 1004mb low is back in the GOM.... hey its just 10-20 miles away from me...to the west... don't think will see much of anything out of it.... clouds are overcast and a little windy here....the ULL in the GOM does appear to be weaker up towards the coast... so i keep an eye here with the low.... water is warm... but there is dry air up in the atmosphere here.... FSL Soundings PFN..... here's a shortwave shot from the floater... can cleary see where the broad low is at.... Floater 2 - Shortwave IR

From what I can tell... the remnants of Tammy went right over me or very close earlier today... and are pretty much due south of me right now. It didn't even rain here today, and there was no wind to speak of that I could tell. The thing looks pretty sad right now, but anything is possible I suppose.

Looking at the WV and IR4 loops, the GOM is just downright freakish right now - overlaying the weather symbols, the map shows FOUR low pressure systems in the GOM! The remnants of Tammy, 93L, a low north of 93L, and another one in the west. Never seen anything like it before.

Update: Well now I only see three lows... one off the Yucatan, 93L, one west of 93L... the map shows nothing associated with the remnant of Tammy, which is looking amazingly well organized for what is left of it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center