typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Fri Oct 07 2005 03:16 PM
Re: Nothing Imminent but Plenty of Waves

Quote:

Man, and here I thought HankFrank was sometimes too technical for my uneducated mind.... I dont get one single thing you just tried to tell us that being said, I did look at the models you mentioned and see some things you are probably talking about so I guess in the end it is all copasetic.

Ah , sorry , my bad...
Basically I'm just saying (perhaps too implicitly) that the feature of interest (to me) should really be the hurricane being modeled by the CMC, which is also being somewhat supported by the NOGAPs - MET 101, it is always better to have more than one model forecasting a feature of interest.

What I also didn't mention is that the operational ECM and GFS models do not readily depict a feature such as the former two. However, and what I meant by "teleconnector" before, is that there is higher surface pressure in the means over the NW Atlantic and tending to migrate E.. This tends to lower surface pressure more than normal (potentially so) in the SW Atlantic Basin as a balancing mechanic against the higher surface pressure to the N. What this means is that you have an augmented (or enhanced) potential for cyclonic genesis between Cape Hatteras, Cuba and Bermuda. That area should be monitored for old frontal draps, U/A lows (such as that which we have approaching the area) and also TW's.

Having said all that... Hmmm...I wasn't paying attention but there is a gyre rotating around about 100miles ESE of the mouth of the Mississippi. I am uncertain whether this feature is a portion Tammy's remnants that might have sheared SW while she was in decay mode, but my memory is telling me that it is actually a separate entity. Either way, it has intense showers near it axis of rotation and though the U/A (as HPC has mentioned) is unfavorable over Florida and Cuba, I think it is actually "somewhat" better near this feature's precise lat/lon. Anyway...active tropics!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center