Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 08 2005 12:45 PM
Re: Azores system

Quote:

surprised the system nr the Azores hasn't been classified yet. with tnumbers of ST3 it might have a shot at classification when the visibles are out. will be surprised if it doesn't get named.

The thing SE of Bermuda looks good on static IR (loading the loop now)... Well based on the loop I can't tell if it's spinning or not.

NRL does not have a floater on the Azores system, so I doubt that will be classified. It will probably be deemed cold core and thus not eligible for naming. NRL pages are not loading fully for me this morning, though. 93L has disappated so that's oine less name that will be used up. Area east of the Windwards is totally disorganized, and I don't see that developing either.

Who knows, it MIGHT be quiet for the rest of the season?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center