dave foster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Oct 08 2005 10:11 PM
Re: Azores - Canary Islands system

I've been watching 22L all day now. What I have noticed is the dry airstream to the north of 22L
slowly pushing west and south and curling around 22L. If it continues to do so for the next
6 to 10 hours I can see it curling up to the northeast around the back of 22L causing it to
deepen and take up a more westerly or south-westerly direction.

I know what the predictions are for 22L, and I also know that what I am saying flies in the face of the
official line. Being new to this I would be pleased if any of the more experienced storm trackers in the
forum would care to comment, even if it's only to call me crazy or any other choice phrase.

I am still trying to gain an impression of what makes these storms tick, how they are formed and what
drives them. I would really appreciate any feedback whatsoever if it helps me to get on the right track
and provides me with the insight I am looking for.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center