Lysis
(User)
Sun Oct 09 2005 06:21 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Vince forms in the Far Eastern Atlantic

Actually, this is generally the time where we look to the Caribbean in lieu of other basins, as the “African wave train”, so-called, shuts down. A system at Vince’s latitude would be rare at any time of the year though.

Three eyewalls, eh? I am not sure what you are referring to with that one. Mature hurricanes like Rita undergo what is known as concentric eyewall replacement cycles. This may be what you are talking about. There are a few threads in the hurricane ask/tell forum that talk at length about ewrcs’.
In hurricane charley, for example, where such a structure was pretty defined, the winds became moderately bad, cleared up a bit between the outer eyewall, and then the major stuff hit. It's all gonna’ be in a big circle though... so your talk of different 'eyes' hitting different locations on a horizontal axis is throwing me off.

EDIT: I didn't want to make a whole new post out of this as I was sort of off topic allready. I have a pertinant question:

The various visible goes loops I’m looking at leave allot to be desired, especially considering how tiny the thing is. While a quikscat pass or something is fine for most of you, it drives me nuts that we have history in the making, and I have no way to capture the aesthetics, so to speak. If Mike or someone else would offer a few alternatives (if they exist), I would be greatly appreciative.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center