Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Sun Oct 09 2005 09:24 PM
Re: Hurricane Vince Where!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i live in Europe (well actually the UK but part of Europe i guess) and i think i can safely say most of Europe is blissfully unaware that there is a Hurricane heading towards Portugal. Admitedly, it almost certainly wont hit land as a Hurricane, but the NHC forecast track has it coming pretty close to the northern coast of Portugal by late Monday night or early Tuesday. Additionally, the Madeira Islands which are a Portugese territory, are pretty close to this one, and the outer bands have been affecting the islands with wind gusts to 39 mph - Tropical Storm force! I think there is the remote possibility that it may make landfall as a weak Tropical Storm, but it will have to hold off against increasingly cool SST's and an increasingly hostile upper-level environment. If it does reach mainland Europe as a classified system, i guess it will be yet another 1st

Regards

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center