HanKFranK
(User)
Mon Oct 10 2005 02:22 AM
vince/22L/94L

take on vince is that it peaked earlier today and will be downgraded to a t.s. at 11pm. the eye/convective ring has broken down in recent sat images. if it starts looking less tropical the nhc will likely declassify it quickly, as it's way out in left field already. shear is impacting the system but not moving it yet, so it'll probably weaken a lot shortly. maybe come non-convective as it gets over cooler water. i'd expect it to get called extratropical tomorrow one way or another. ultimate track probably close to nw spain, but i don't think the remnant will landfall. should be quite a rain event, though.
the old subtropical depression threw a single convective burst for quite a time today. it may be distancing itself from the strong easterly shear jet around the upper low to its SE, so it may redevelop if it can throw some convection. nhc will probably ignore it unless it makes a very convincing effort at developing convection. whether it redevelops or not, the low pressure should be off the mid atlantic coast as that large high builds in.. may stall and then jerk west or southwest thereafter.
94L is showing good convective action again but has troughed out at the surface. good diffluent/convergent atmosphere ahead, so it may add its contribution to the disturbed weather in the caribbean or serve as a focal mechanism for low pressure to develop.
other side of the upper low is an area of disturbed weather in the bahamas. there's a narrow anticyclone and modest low level convergence, so it may be a troublemaker if it persists.
as far as what old sailor said about a hurricane being off the east coast and potentially threatening the northeast coast this week... there are various models depicting a deep storm that looks tropical in origin moving up around there, sure enough. not much agreement on exactly how it forms, but the synoptic pattern would potentially support a storm getting up there. definitely stay tuned.
been watching the long-range pattern we should see later this month.. seeing some things that have me very interested, but want to see some more consistency before i get carried away with them... if you want a clue why i'm interested, check the 18z gfs runs around 8-10 days out.
HF 0222z10october

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center