tpratch
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 11 2005 10:56 AM
Speaking Greek

Sadly, I don't speak the tongue of my ancestors. However, I know the odd phrase here and there.

That being said, I went on record back in the Katrina days stating I believe we'll see 3 storms with Greek names. It still doesn't feel right (4 more named to go), but I'm sticking to my guns (if only I'd made that prediction in May - I might have more confidence).

At any rate, I'd have to say my favorite part of this season is only having to go through outer bands of one storm. I know others have been less fortunate, but after Brevard went through the twins last year (and Charley hitting the north part of the county), I'm pleased.

Here's to 4 more storms - all of which only bother the fish.

Clark - great analysis and explanation. When the site acts up and doesn't load the CSS or javascript, it can make posting more difficult to those not used to UBB or HTML. If you want, you can always send posts to me for formatting so that when those functions load properly again, the post will be what you're expecting.

Cheers,
--Tom

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center