dave foster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Oct 12 2005 06:10 PM
Re: Its official - Europes first on record

Wow, cool pics Meranto. Seems like the weather has, and always will decide on what it can and cannot do, despite our best efforts to predict it.

As far as the NHC area of responsibility is concerned I agree with Margie 100%. To be honest, for a time I had thought that the NHC were going to try and ignore their responsibility in respect of Vince. But, I don't know whether they suddenly had second thoughts about it or whether they were 'persuaded' to take action based upon some of the comments made at the time by experienced users within this forum.

Whatever the answer, I applaud the NHC for making the right decision, despite the fact that it was almost off the map. I'm sure the NHC announcement and the subsequent posts in this forum helped to allay some of the fears voiced by people like Josef. After all, the fear is in the 'not knowing'.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center