typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Sat Oct 15 2005 05:25 PM
Re: Watching Near Jamaica

...right, which the most likely area of a wilma transit if she comes to pass... one would think. the mountains you speak of however are not as impressive as some of the neighboring land masses or that archipelago... that is why i said "relatively" flat, because comparable to these other islands it is "flatter". at least, that was what i was taught of the area. it may very well be that there are 10,000 ft peaks there that i am not aware, but the information i've gathered over the years regarding the geography of the island is that it is lesser an inhibitor to tropical cyclone interaction than say...hispanola... that was the main point.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center