typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Sat Oct 15 2005 06:49 PM
Re: Watching Near Jamaica

Quote:

like i said.... the storm relative close-up has been switched.... not sure why either of the floaters from ssd haven't be moved... would expect a call to move on of them.... think it would be floater #1 ( #2 is on the SE GOM)

here's a pic.... it will take about another hour to get a good loop out of the link

http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/data/tropical/285.jpg

GOES-EAST Visible - Storm Relative

...don't mean to start a debate. this will be more for muse! but...doesn't it almost look like an eye?
actually, i made mention to the fact that the ssd's haven't started making images.. I got lambasted for merely suggesting that it might be for cost-cutting and trying to terminate the season early. there was a significant lull since rita; though a lot of hype of events that never came to pass - no doubt.. that could have them redirecting man-power... i'm only mentioning it because i am limited as to my sat sources and it bothers me that everyone gets to see this but me...

argh! thanks for the urls!
peace

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center