damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Oct 15 2005 11:54 PM
Re: wilma on the way

If this storm does come at Florida, what would cause it to weaken before hitting the state? Did you mean weaken after it makes landfall which further means that we may be facing a cat 3 or higher? Please speculate about the intensity you think it might be. Here i was thinking we were pretty much done with this season and the way you guys are talking we may be getting a katrina or rita type storm on the central west coast of florida.

The water temp is barely 84 degrees around here and not much better a little south...not sure what it is in the Caribbean though. I also thought with the cold fronts pushing their way into the Gulf and Fla that that would push any storms more easterly and away from the state. I don't know...not an expert. This is why i am asking you all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center