typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Sun Oct 16 2005 02:53 AM
Re: wilma on the way

Quote:

If you want to look at the vorticity output. You will have to select the "upper air" section of the particular model that you are using.
It is possible to have a vortice (spin) at the surface and not at higher level...example: tropical depression or wave. It's also possible to have an elevated vortice that may or may not develop a surface reflection.

Similar to a Funnel Cloud and a Tornado. The funnel cloud is elevated and the Tornado is on the ground. By NWS definitions.

...oh, I see what happened here... You guys were on a topic or something, probably having to do with a user-interface and some url, and the person who originally asked me the question assumed that i was also tagging along with the coversation...which i was not...

Now I get it... sure, if a model requires input parameters, you should know what they mean...agreed then...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center