typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Mon Oct 17 2005 03:29 AM
Re: Bear Watch

Quote:

Quote:

I have look at all the observations and must say by tomorrow we will have Wilma, and that the West Coast of FLA will be impacted by a significant hurricane. As I stated last night SST's along her path will be above normal, around 86 degrees or higher. No one wants to say it, but I believe that a CAT 4 is not out of the question.

there and NONE at this time not any models that show the west coast of Florida.I don't dispute you on the cat 4 that could happen but what are you useing that the NHC is not?

Hi, actually, NHC points out on their site that those charts are "Experimental"....But, you are right that they've shifted W. I wrote something extensive about this subject matter. If you like, read it and then tell me what your opinion is; I'd be interested in hearing it. Also, as far as that "cone" goes - wow, it's a biggy ay? I suggest bigger than usual, and perhaps an homage to their own uncertainty. Lastly, it does bring the threat of tropical storm force winds upon the Pennisula so they certainly are not out of the woods.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center