Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 17 2005 12:59 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Wilma Forms in the Western Caribbean

Isn't it true that landfall connot be accurately predicted more than a couple of days out? It is important not to concentrate
on the black line but look at the cone. I have heard several people here complain about the forecast of Rita's track and I
have tried explain that two days out they were saying our area. You can't expect
them to know five days out. I think the problem is the media and the hype with the big storms.
But we were in the cone for days. I thought they did a good job.
Wilma looks like she may be tougher to forecast but of course the Gulf coast should keep an eye on her just in case. I was hoping we
would be through with the big storms and just reach Alpha with small ones (to set a record). But of course, Wilma may decide
not to become a hurricane. We will just have to wait and see. By the way, does anyone think this will be the last one or do ya'll
think there will be an Alpha?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center