scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Mon Oct 17 2005 04:52 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Wilma Forms in the Western Caribbean

OK ,,now the Nogaps ( very reliable model )has the system moving inline with the GFS but maybe slightly faster meaning,,slightly further up the coast near Sarasota for landfall on Saturday night as a CAT 3...this is a significant jump...but again like I said before,,,the runs will change and they could move again....right now I agree that there will be a strong mid-level low over the great lakes this weekend.,,,,so I dont see this going any further N then Florida (as of now) but until this thing starts its NW course,,it could still just meander down there.
Anyways the threat to florida has now greatly increased with the NOGAPS shifting greatly to the east. We wont know for sure on anything until weds.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center