Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 18 2005 01:28 PM
NHC Track

Aha! So it's YOUR fault~I should have known!

Actually, I was supposed to meet my Mom in Tifton, GA on Thursday to pick up my 4-year old niece..I was going to have her for a week. Looks like that won't be happening....(is this a good or bad thing? ..)
I don't want to be clogging up or be clogged up in people trying to evacuate on I-75 N, and quite frankly, I don't want the responsibility of keeping a 4-year old calm and safe in the middle of a hurricane~no matter if it's a 1, 2, 3 or whatever. Plus, my sister already said "Forget it".
I think that the most telling sign of all of this is the accuracy that the NHC has had with all of their tracks with the previous 20 storms. I can't see a major track shift at this time either. It may be a little north or a bit further south, but I'm tending to believe at this time that someone in the west coast of FL is going to get this storm.
I do have one question: is there any possibility that the forecasted shear will relax if Wilma takes her sweet time getting near us? Or is that shear pretty much set in stone? Just wondering.
BTW...great post on whether or not to stay for a Cat 3 or less. I live 40 miles +/- NE of Tampa and I have plenty of hurricane kit items left. Guppie Grouper and I pretty much live within 10 miles of each other; Skeetobite lives 'round the corner~ so I'm in good hands!
Keeping a close eye on Wilma...I'm

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center