ZooKeeper
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Oct 18 2005 02:10 PM
Re: NHC Track

While I don't wish any ill on anyone in south Florida, for myself, I'm praying that Wilma stays south of Tampa. The old-timers in the Cedar Key area are concerned with this storm. They've been reading signs that if this one goes above Tampa it could be pulled straight into the mouth of the Suwannee and down the River. They seem to be thinking that they're due. Something about the current patterns and because our area has cooled down too early this year (we're already in the high 50's at night). I desperately hope that they're wrong. Maybe this storm is all my fault and I'm a magnet. I just moved to this location, I live less than 30 miles from Cedar Key, in a mobile home, on stilts and a half mile from the Suwannee. After the last two years of this ten year cycle? What in the world was I thinking?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center