Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 18 2005 05:31 PM
Keeping Cool and Wilma

A few thoughts...

The storm is wobbling a little south of the NW line at the moment, not sure how long that will hold, but it should make for some more nervous jitters further north.

If it gets strong enough, I expect it to have a more difficult time turning, and some of those sharp right hand turns just won't be quite as sharp (as the storm will be strong enough to deflect the turning mechanisms), I hope everyone north of Tampa keeps an eye on the storm (which I suspect people will around here).

That being said, I suggest taking a bit of time this afternoon and next to relax and keep away from the computer and tracking these storms. After all, it's not going to change direction no matter how hard you stare at the pixels and you quite possibly will need the rest and fresh mind in the weekend ahead.

Wilma is looking better, the restricted NW quadrant is starting to build back, which tells me that either the dry air is being pushed back, or Wilma is able to absorb that blow.

Just my untrained thoughts...

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center