Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Oct 18 2005 05:52 PM
Re: Keeping Cool and Wilma

Good points..we'll all be nuts if we watch every wobble north,east, south and west. What is finally allowing Wilma to move is the system that has finally moved into CA.
Some general points to all: I don't think that we could classify 7mph as zooming ahead. I believe that this was expected and talked about in previous discussions from the NHC. There is some dry air trying to get into the northern/western side of the system, but because the outflow is good on the eastern side, it's really not affecting it all that much. I think they are expecting it be a Cat 2 before tonight, and if it keeps intensifiying, maybe a Cat 3 before the 5am advisory. The steering currents arem
t really that impressive right now; however, we are seeing jogs to the west, jogs to the north. This may be the storm trying to get her act together and is not at all unusual. You have to look for trends, not jogs, to see things for what they really are. This year the NHC has done an excellent job with all of it's storms, and I expect no less with this one. With the weather patterns that are set up, there is no reason to expect (at this time) a major shift in the landfall area. The models are even in more agreement now than they have been since TD Wilma began her journey.
Just remember this: don't try and steer her somewhere she isn't going and you'll stay sane...and so will we. Unless she stalls out like Mitch did, and there's no reason at this time to believe she will, stay tuned and prepared if you live anywhere on the west coast of Florida. Let me rephrase that: if you live anywhere in the CONE area.
Now...wouldn't you know that the motherboard on my laptop went out today? Luckily for me, I have a desktop. This may be a good thing as I cannot sit and stare at the computer all day long.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center