Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 18 2005 06:32 PM
Re: Keeping Cool and Wilma

Having just gone through this with Rita this is my advice. If you are in the cone get reservations now incase you have to evacuate.
You can always cancel at a later date. I made my reservations when Rita was headed through the Keys because I knew she'd be
a Texas storm. Also, one other note. Make reservations with the hotel direct or if you make them online confim with the hotel.
I know a lot of people who made reservations online and got to their hotel and the rooms had been given to someone else because
they did not make the reservations direct with the hotel. And please, if Wilma is a 3 or higher and you can do so, LEAVE. Of course,
a lot can happen between now and then and they can't be sure what she will do more than a couple of days out but it doesn't hurt
to be prepared. Make your reservations for several days. Damage was so bad we were not allowed back into the city. Of course,
if you have relatives to go through then you don't have to worry quite as much. I know people in Florida are usually prepared for
these storms but just wanted to throw this out there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center