native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Oct 18 2005 07:03 PM
Re: Keeping Cool and Wilma

Well, I'm (insert any explitive here) annoyed! Wouldn't ya know...just went to Costco on Sunday and dropped a small fortune on meat/chicken/steaks/chops and such! How long does dry ice keep in a freezer??? Anywho...SFWD is now in "increased readiness" mode...what does that translate into? I'm keepin a close eye (no pun intended) on Wilma. SFWD is not going to get caught with their pants down as they did back for Georges. They've got a great sat image of her that the last frame is only about 1/2 hr old...movie format. She's looking impressive..might be my uneducated eye but, she seems to be trying/succeeding to fill in on her NW quad. www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/wcaribvismovie.html

I don't care (just as a matter of speech) where she's going...all of FL, central on south from all the way across from the GOM to the Atlantic should be preparing, regardless of 1,2 or 3 (I'm going with some others on the 3 thinking) she's going to be big (bigger than she is now) windfield wise and she's going to knock out power and such.

HankFrank - Your making me nervous...unusual for you to make such bold statements Not looking good for somewhere in FL or the Northeast...just what they don't need...more rain. What's with the "breadcrumb" (to quote another poster) NHC's dropping out with the intensity? What's going on that they seem to think the shear is not going to be as much of factor that they had originally anticipated?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center