CoalCracker
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Oct 18 2005 08:19 PM
Re: Just some thought....yea right...

Jean,

Well, I live in Cape Coral, and for what it's worth, I've booked a room in Ocala about 220 miles north of here based on the official and unofficial information I've seen to date. But that's still within the current cone, and with HF progging Crystal River as his current choice for the northernmost landfall, Ocala may not be the best place to be but it's still way too early to tell. As you know the problem with Florida is there aren't too many places to go or roads to use with a storm crossing our skinny state at an angle. Sort of "darned if you do" and "danged if you don't" when you try to make plans in advance. Might not be until Thursday late afternoon before the NHC has a better handle on Wilma's track, but she'll likely be a large storm with impacts felt well away from the landfall point. Anyway, that's my three cents worth (which isn't worth much unfortunately).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center