damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 18 2005 09:25 PM
Re: 5PM Disco...

Let me just add a few more comments here. Obviously if a person is in the direct path of a storm, say three days out, then that person would want to make plans to evac. Evac meaning if it's a cat 3 or higher and if you are forcasted to be in or near the eyewall. Now, say you live on the outer part of the "cone of error". Common sense will tell you not to evac, three days out, because you are forcasted to only feel minor effects from the storm. Two days out, the forcasters were wrong, the thing doesn't make a big right turn and it's coming after you. Two days out, not even...how are you going to leave? Roads are juiced from the poor sob's south of you who thought they had to leave the day before....see what i am saying here folks????? If there is better than 75% chance that Wilma will NOT make the turn and hit Sarasota or Tampa or even Venice, then why have the landfall point be 150 miles south of Tampa??? Makes no sense!! Tomorrow at this time and even wed and thurs....still may not know what the heck is going on...when will there be time to evac if necessary? No time........once in the gulf Wilma is supposed to haul some butt NE. Trop Storm, Cat 1....fine, can deal with it.....cat 4 or weak cat 3.....i am outta here...but no time if the track isn't known until 24 hrs before landfall.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center