nowhammies
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Oct 18 2005 09:44 PM
Possibly off topic, but concerned none the less

I live in Orlando, about 5 miles north of the airport. We huddled in the bathroom of our aprtment and prayed that our windows didnt break during Charlie. The other storms were much more gracious to us

My question is this: I am 27 weeks pregnant, and really cant remmeber if all of the ideas about pregnancy and hurricanes are Old Wives tales or if I need to follow any different precautions. I am categorized as Hi risk, but not having any current issues.

I pray that we have a more gentle effect from this storm, but I am "preparing for the worst and praying for the best as I have read so many times" I just can not remember if I am supposed to do anything differently.

thanks for any help - if this is too off topic please feel free to PM me and then delete the post (or move it to where it belongs) - I will not be offended - just need to find the info

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center