Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Oct 18 2005 11:40 PM
Re: Vortex message

Quote:

Guys, a jog is a jog is a jog.....I wouldn't get so excited about it.

Yes....Wilma is spinning up quite rapidly.
She has a tight eye like Mitch did - and in the same area of the Caribbean.

Oh, I'm not "excited" about the jog. If it extends to more than just a jog, I'll be intrigued a bit, though.
I don't remember ever looking at a WV image of Mitch, much less at its strongest period, but Wilma certainly looks stronger than 80 mph - I'd estimate closer to 105 based on the satellite.

Looking at the U.S. national water vapor loop... the trough appears to me to be oriented almost due N/S right now. How is this going to push the storm ENE or NE? The trough also looks like it will take longer to make an impact than I would have expected given the forecast. If I were in the Yucatan, I'd be a bit nervous.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center