Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 12:08 AM
Accuweather Post

Okay, they agree with the NHC. That's what they've been predicting since the 5am advisory. So much for a low-end cat II, huh? Sheesh.
Does Max have any hair left?
Here's what my prediction for tomorrow's activities will be:
1) Governer Bush will sign a State of Emergency so that the state and local EOC's can begin preparations and the National Guard can be put on alert. Later on, President Bush will declare Florida a Federal Disaster area.

2) Voluntary evacuations will go into effect tomorrow night and mandatory evacuations begin Thursday sometime...depending on the estimated arrival of landfall.
3) The media windfall will begin with CNN, MSNBC, FNC and gas prices will begin to rise again, so fill up your tanks tomorrow if you live ANYWHERE in Florida. Everything else going on in the world will be forgotten as Florida braces for what could be "a devastating storm" (media term) tearing up a good portion of the state of Florida. Reporters will prepare themselves to be thrown into trees, cars, windows, etc., while claiming "this is just the beginning, folks".

4) No one will watch Jim Cantore or the WC because they don't create enough panic out there.

The above scenarios are not all that unlikely, given what we are seeing tonight with Wilma. All of them make sense ...with the exception of #3, of course. I am getting very concerned with the rapid intensification of Wilma and how she will be able to grow over the next days. I surely hope that people ALL ALONG the Florida peninsula from coast to coast are preparing for this storm. I don't like the wording that the NHC is using. It's nerve-wracking.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center