Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 12:34 AM
Check This Out...

..because it could be *key* as to whether Wilma takes a turn to the NE further north or further south:

NOAA WV Loop for Western US

You'll see there are two features twirling...one just exiting near Nevada and one near the Gulf of Alaska. If these two can get together, they will push Wilma further to the south. If they do not, Wilma will make her turn later, moving it further up the western coast of Florida. I've heard that like 100 times tonight on TV, but I wanted to show the link. It's pretty neat. However, to my untrained eye, it does not appear to me that they have any chance of meeting up. Does anyone else see a chance of that happening?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center