Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 02:02 AM
Re: Another Look

Sorry about that! This is what Denis Phillips said tonight:
1) If the area near the Gulf of Alaska and the area near the TX/NM border combine, then that scenario will keep Wilma further south, because it would push her further south before she could make that turn.
2) If they do NOT combine, Wilma will come further north before making the NE turn, in which case, you may be looking at a landfall a little closer (not in) to TB than the track is at right now.
That's why I think the models will move a little further north than they are right now. I just cannot see how they can catch up with each other. Today was the first time I even heard about the Gulf of Alaska feature.
Sorry for the confusion...sometimes I just get caught up and don't exactly explain everything in writing that's in my head.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center