Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 19 2005 02:29 AM
Re: Another Look

Actually a good track as far as development/buildings/people, to have it come in right there in the Everglades. The natural ecosystem there has had years and years to adjust to surviving powerful hurricane landfalls.

Looks like convection peaked with the 0115Z, which was the most impressive of the wv images from the past couple hours. The central core has that rounded rising-donut appearance right now that I've come to associate with Cat 4 intensity. I have a strong belief that recon will find a pressure in the 930s.

Note: I meant the 1am recon mentioned earlier. The 11pm gives an est pressure of 945mb.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center