Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 03:06 AM
Re: Earlier (18Z) Models

They have shifted the track a bit to the left at 11pm, through the next 48 hours, then back to what the models were at earlier. I would imagine that the shift to the left is due to the WNW motion that it is currently on right now.
I am with Scott: right now, the most important thing is to see what the models come out with later on. That's when you'll see a track shift for the Florida peninsula either way. Remember, it's only Tuesday night...this isn't even supposed to make landfall until Saturday. So trying to project out a path right now of an exact landfall is impossible. Too many varying scenarios. If we're in the cone, then we are just as vulnerable as southwest Florida.
I have to say: I'm not very excited about the intensity forecast. A category 3 at landfall is going to be a major problem for whoever gets it.
Best advice? Stay alert, be prepared. In the meantime, try to get some sleep because it's going to be a rough road ahead mentally. Believe me, I know!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center