Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 19 2005 03:21 AM
Re: Earlier (18Z) Models

Quote:

in "the cone", I hope that you are making preparations or that they have already been completed. A storm this big threatening to make landfall as a Cat 3 is going to cause of lot of people to be out and about tomorrow. And it ain't gonna be pretty.

I have NEVER seen bright white on a water vapor loop before, yet it was there in the 0115z image of Wilma - and lots of it. Not as much in the 0145z image but still some. Almost looks like it is moving south of west again. I keep thinking of Mitch. Same great satellite presentation... same basic location... and same basic computer model forecast. It made landfall in Honduras. Anyway... the water vapor loop DOES show some moisture streaming off Wilma to the north, which could indicate that a turn will ultimately occur.. or could just be a sign of incredible outflow which would mean who knows what we'll wake up to intensity-wise.

ETA: I just zoomed into the IR loop and it makes me dizzy. The eye moves west, south, and then north. What a wobbler!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center