typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Wed Oct 19 2005 06:01 AM
Re: Wilma Becomes Category 5 Hurricane

Quote:

okay, i knew the damned thing was intensifying, but that 901mb is mind-blowing. very very tiny radius of maximum winds... i'm guessing that ERCs will help spread the areal coverage of hurricane winds out. in the meantime we've got a bizarre structure, with a super-hurricane nested inside what is essentially a big tropical storm. gotta wonder what the winds will be like when they catch up to the pressure fall... with that tight of an inner core.
i don't expect this odd structure will last for long... it will broaden out and ease up to the realm of reality one way or another.
like the nhc says, though.. forecast down the road remains unchanged. gotta go check the 00z models finally.. and finish this stupid paper.
HF 0553z19october

...additionally, i'm thinking the intensity curve has some momentum and won't hault on a dime in this case... particularly because the sst's in the area area or so warm and the u/a mechanics are looking if anything, better this evening.... but, at 2am...it's too late for me to formulate a cogent hypothesis about anything...ugh...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center