danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 06:56 AM
Re: Wilma Becomes Category FIVE

Okay Bob, and others in S FL. I'm not able to find Any information on whether to evacuate, or not.

As Colleen said earlier, Gov Bush should declare a state of Emergency this morning...for those just joining the discussion, that's (Probable) State of Emergency.

Based on the forecasts and projected 5 Day Track. Wilma should come ashore near Marco Island...i.e. very SW Florida. And move across to the East Coast.
The angle of her track will depend on the timing and location of the forecast Cold Front.

Bob, the initial winds in the Ft Lauderdale area...Should be from the SE?-effectively pushing the water into Biscayne Bay and other low lying areas.

This is my speculation ONLY. Based on Hurricane wind fields.
Check your Evacuation Zones...Know which one you are in...and get everything ready to evacuate.

You may not have to go anywhere. But it's better to be ready than not. I have no idea how FL traffic is during an Evacuation. I have seen the media shots and they aren't pretty. If you and your family can leave in the early hours of the morning. That might be best.

Just remember to take flashlights, water-lots of it, and fuel. Don't count on any town down the road having fuel. You may have to drive into Georgia before you find any ( worst case scenario...).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center