meranto
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 09:32 AM
Re: Records

Quote:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe what I woke up too. Unbelievable! I'm on the east coast of Florida and honestly I'm spooked. I know she will weaken but it still scares me!

Sleeping is just a waste of time look what you've missed!

About the forecasts, a few days ago the NHC did warn for very rapid intensification, but never included it into the forecasts. No forecaster would forecast a cat 5 hurricane for the next day, while it would be a TS at that time, it would wreck credibility.

Quote:

I don't know a whole lot about MPI, but given the very unusual structure of Wilma, it may not fit into that theoretical framework as well as just about any other hurricane would.

No that's true, but there are some limitations on the maximum intensity, so I don't think any cyclone would ever be able to reach 850 mbar in any condition possible on the earth.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center