Sheeper
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Oct 19 2005 11:53 AM
Re: Wilma Nears Category 5 Intensity

well, here we go again. From Vero Beach, FL we are starting to put our Red Cross plans into effect. senior leadership meeting later today. Early word is we'll open shelters though I expect they will be for evacuees and folks in low-lying areas here.

I'm still waiting to see if the State of FL calls me up on this one yet.

Now for my guess.....Here on the Treasure Coast I'd expect at most a minimal hurricane once Wilma crosses the state. Any mets here can shed more insight on this for me but i'd expect the front pushing on Wilma and increased shear to take her down before west coast landfall, then interaction with the land mass will take even more steam from her. So on the treasure coast I'll expect a very windy, quite wet saturday & sunday with TS winds posibbly minimal Cat1.

For some real good info, tune into our local EM guy at www.irces.com. Nathan McCollum gives a real good view and explanation of what's going on. I am hoping that his report today will echo my guesses here.

Anyone wanna take bets on how about back into the Atlantic and intensifying again? The way this season is going, anything can happen!

Emergency Management Rule #1: "If you care more about your things and property than you do about your life and the lives of your family then you will die". If you think that maybe you should evacuate....then YOU SHOULD!

all, stay dry......stay safe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center