Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 02:51 PM
WV Loop

Check out this WV loop...look at the feature just of the NC coastline...looks like it is about to enter the Atlantic. If that happens, wouldn't it then be plausible thinking that Wilma will get a little further west before she is able to begin to make that turn? Or am I just losing it?
WV Loops

Also, the two features that were players in the Western CONUS do not look like they will be able to combine, as it appears that the Gulf of Alaska feature that has now moved in is further north than the one that started in CA and is now near the midwest, which, btw, looks like it's going at a pretty good clip :

West CONUS WV LOOPS

Also: here's one that show the ENTIRE U.S.:
Entire Picture of the US

If you put these all together, it appears to me that this storm will likely make landfall further north than now anticipated.

Then again, I'm not a met, so I'm not really sure what ALL of these different features show.
Please feel free to enlighten me.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center