emackl
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Oct 19 2005 04:42 PM
Re: Wilma, Category 5 and Breaking Records

Quote:

although unlike some people, I do not actually want it to hit. I am tracking the storm because I have to because we chose to live in this location, and because I like to learn about hurricanes. I have noticed some people pretend to be scared of the storm (especially people on the east side where it will not be bad), but they seem to be excited about it hitting them so they have a story to tell. I would rather Wilma dissapates and leaves any storm stories untold. That would make a story in itself.

Excuse me, ask the people in Brevard county after Charly hit. Brevard is the east coast you know. Obviously it won't be as bad as a east coast landfall would be, however, level 2 hurricanes or even a 1 going over your head is not a pretty sight no matter what side it hits. I happen to live on the east side and mentioned that it scares me. YEP it does! Not only the winds but the tornado's that these things have been known to throw in the path are devastating. Even on the other side of the coast!

Jackie

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center